Preference rostering is now live!
We are delighted to announce that we now have a preference-based rostering tool that will suit the specific needs of physicians, surgeons and other craft groups.
‘Selection rostering’ vs ‘Preference rostering’
Our selection-based rostering has been active for some years and is loved by the craft groups that use it to fill rosters extremely quickly and with a definitive outcome. You will see elsewhere on this blog that we have a record for filling a 365-day roster within 7 minutes of the selection window opening.
Process of selection rostering
But allowing people to pick on a first-pick-first-served basis is not suitable for all hospitals and all craft groups. So we now have a preference-based rostering tool that automatically runs a process. The key steps HosPortal manages are:
- Automatically advise people regarding when the selection period will be open, and send reminders before and during the selection period.
- Collate users’ preferences for the shifts they want. It is trivially easy for a user to nominate that they would like to have a shift every Wednesday, or every 4th Saturday.
- Set priorities for who’s preferences are more likely to be selected when there is a conflict.
- Set roster-filling rules. For instance, a doctor cannot be staffed on consecutive shifts, or more than two shifts in the same week.
- Generate a draft roster for the administrator to review based on the users’ preferences, their allocated priorities and the rules relevant to that on-call roster. Alternative drafts can be generated with a single click.
- Allow the administrator to edit and make amendments, such as filling days that no one has picked, or overriding HosPortal’s selection. This can be done alongside a statistical report.
- Publish the final roster, to let everyone know of their final allocations.
We have a video on our Youtube page of an earlier version…which we will update very soon.
Please get in touch if you want to know more.